NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Results - Royal Purple Raceway
In the final results from Royal Purple Raceway and the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, Aaron Tatum, Oklahoma City, and Chris Foster, Davenport, Iowa took home the wins in Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car respectively.
Tatum, worked his way through the field and ran 5.539 seconds at 261.02 mph in his final round victory over Michael Manners, Willis, Texas, who slowed in the final to 9.305, 109.02 mph.
Foster, faced off against Steve Burck, Corpus Christi, Texas, and posted a winning run of 5.911 seconds, 253.23 mph in his '11 Mustang. Burk drove to a 5.807 second, 249.44 mph lap for his runner up finish.
Other racers visiting the winner’s circle this weekend were Scott Cashio, Ventress, La., in Comp Eliminator; Jerry Emmons, Pasadena, Texas, in Super Stock; Bart Nelson, La Porte, Texas, in Super Comp; Slate Cummings, Ponchatoula, La., in Stock Eliminator; Rustin Mayse, Grandview, Texas, in Super Gas; and Max McGlothin, Carrollton, Texas, in Super Street. In the division’s Comp Cams/TCI Top Sportsman class it was Michael Mims, Iowa, La., taking the win while Mark Jones, Marrero, La., won in the Suburban Chevrolet Top Dragster. Robert Sanders, Katy, Texas, brought home the win in Sportsman Motorcycle presented by Harley Davidson.
The following are Saturday's final results from the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, South Central Division second event at Royal Purple Raceway:
TOP ALCOHOL DRAGSTER
5) Aaron Tatum, Oklahoma City, 5.402, 264.80 def. 4) James Thompson, Vernon, Texas, foul
3) Michael Manners, Willis, Texas, 5.359, 266.00 def. 6) Forrest Fair, Haughton, La., 9.725, 65.09
7) Buddy Domingue, Port Neches, Texas, 5.530, 248.07 def. 2) David Brounkowski, Cypress, Texa s, 5.564, 250.83
8) Kristen Dennis, Magnolia, Texas, 6.079, 223.76 def. 1) Chase Copeland, Gainesville, Texas, 10.671, 83.20
Tatum, 5.590, 252.05 def. Dennis, 5.625, 251.77
Manners, 7.254, 126.91 def. Domingue, broke
Tatum, 5.539, 261.02 def. Manners, 9.305, 109.02
TOP ALCOHOL FUNNY CAR
1) Tony Bartone, Long Island City, N.Y., '09 Mustang, 5.680, 260.16 was unopposed
2) Chris Foster, Davenport, Iowa, '11 Mustang, 5.700, 251.95 def. 5) Bryan Brown, Gainesville, Texas, '09 Monte Carlo, broke
4) Steve Burck, Corpus Christi, Texas, '02 Camaro, 5.898, 246.26 def. 3) Thomas Carter, Victoria, Texas, '09 Mustang, foul
Burck, 5.911, 246.93 def. Bartone, broke
Foster, 5.860, 249.58 was unopposed
Foster, 5.652, 253.23 def. Burck, 5.807, 249.44
Scott Cashio, Ventress, La., '09 Cobalt, E/SMA, 8.350, 156.06 def. Chris McGaha, Odessa, Texas, '06 GTO, F/A, 8.109, 170.73.
Jerry Emmons, Pasadena, Texas, '05 Cavalier, GT/BA, 9.514, 135.10 def. Larry Cummings, Hammond, La., '08 Cavalier, SS/BM, 8.922, 155.42.
Slate Cummings, Ponchatoula, La., '99 Firebird, B/SA, 10.219, 129.22 def. Max McGlothan, Carrolton, Texas, '71 Challenger, B/SA, 10.296, 124.82.
Bart Nelson, La Porte, Texas, dragster, 8.919, 165.33 def. James Carter, Forney, Texas, dragster, 8.881, 163.89.
Rustin Mayse, Grandview, Texas, '03 Corvette, 9.853, 162.57 def. Jason Richey, N. Richland Hills, Texas, '63 Corvette, foul.
Max McGlothin, Carrollton, Texas, '71 Camaro, 10.933, 119.19 def. Robby Lopez, Irving, Texas, '66 Chevy II, 10.919, 122.93.
Michael Mims, Iowa, La., '63 Corvette, 7.280, 187.65 def. Trent Wilson, Castroville, Texas, '09 Mustang, 7.478, 185.00.
Mark Jones, Marrero, La., dragster, 7.544, 125.74 def. Donny Burleson, Houston, Texas, dragster, foul.
Robert Sanders, Katy, Texas, '04 Kawasaki, 8.604, 124.55 def. Rob Bennett, Lucas, Texas, '00 Suzuki, 10.783, 69.33
< < back > >